Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Worthy WIP Wednesday 8/3/11

Today's WIP rec that is worth following is a heartbreaker...

Lost In the Shadows by lvtwilight09
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7157298/5/
I used to be a happy person. I used to smile and see the joy in life. Now I force the smiles and fake the laughs. I'm not quite sure how things got like this, and I don't know how to fix it. I just feel so lost... Rated M for DARK THEMES! 


Teaser:

Two days after that train wreck of a conversation, I woke up to the sounds of a soft whimpering and scratching sound. Getting out of bed, I found that as usual Jasper has already left for the day but sitting on the floor at the foot of the bed was a golden retriever puppy in a box with a red satin bow around its neck. Attached to the bow was a note, scrawled in Jasper's messy handwriting that said "Hopefully now that there is another girl in the house you won't feel so lonely." I wasn't sure how to feel about what Jasper wrote on the note, but I fell in love with that puppy all the same, and named her Clara.
Jasper…my husband…I love him, really I do. I just wish he would actually pay attention to me once in a while, make me feel like I'm important to him. He hasn't made me feel like that since before Michael, our middle child was born. Jasper worked for his father's company, Whitlock Pharmaceuticals, or WhitPharm as it was more commonly known within the industry. Jasper used to travel for work a lot, talking at doctors conventions and such trying to get more clients for his father. Most of the time I would travel with him, and we always managed to have fun together even though Jazz was working.
Once I had our first son, Elliott, I started staying home when Jasper would have to travel. We had both agreed it wouldn't be the greatest idea to travel with a baby, but every time Jasper came back home to us was wonderful. He would look at me and Elliott like we were the only two things in his world. He would not only tell me he loved me, but would show me every chance he got, taking me out on romantic dinners, or just bringing flowers home for me at the end of the day. They would always be sunflowers, because I was the sun that lit up Jasper's world. At least that's what he used to tell me…

0 comments:

Post a Comment