Monday, August 22, 2011

Mentionable Monday 8/22/2011

Time for another completed fic rec!

Midnight Decadence by Lilith617
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5812967/1/bMidnight_b_bDecadence_b
Bella Cullen and her family arent the only family in Forks with a secret. Will Bella be able to withstand the tempting blood of newcomer Edward Masen, while unravelling the mystery behind his facade? Twilight with a twist. OOC/AU/future citrus!COMPLETE!  16 chapters, Rated M


Teaser:

"Have you seen him, the new guy?" Lauren asked Jessica, flinging her corn-silk, blonde hair over her shoulder, awaiting Jessica's nasally reply. A tidal wave of pungency flew in my direction and I quickly held my breath, dropping my head and allowing the thickness and the smell of strawberries that wafted from my hair to curtain some of the obnoxious blow. The rotten combination of Lauren's perfume, mixed with the undesirable scent of her blood, made me want to regurgitate the elk blood that still sat laden in my stomach.
I moaned in protest, keeping my head hidden as the bell rang, leaving me no other option but to endure the torment I was being dealt. Reluctantly, I opted to hold my breath- something I rarely did in school for fear of looking inhuman- and tried to relax; settling in for what would probably be the longest hour of my existence.
"Hello, Jess. I'm talking to you." Lauren waved what was supposed to be a perfectly manicured hand before Skank-ley's face, finally gaining her attention.
"Oh, yeah. The new guy…he is totally fuck-able, what's his name again?" Jessica asked, not surprising me in the least with her reference. Of course she thought he was 'fuck-able'. In fact, that was all she was thinking and had been thinking.
This poor human was merely a sheep amongst wolves and he didn't even know it.
"His name is Edward Masen. He's the new Police Chiefs son. Apparently, he just moved here from Phoenix. Though it sure doesn't look like it. He's pale as shit," Lauren said leaning into Jessica, whispering into her ear, "He could probably pass for a Cullen," she snickered, nodding towards my direction. I had all I could not to rip her throat out where she sat. In addition, as if that wasn't enough, I now had a name to go with the nauseating vision's Skank-ley's mind was currently assaulting me with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment