Monday, August 15, 2011

Mentionable Monday 8/15/11

This week's completed fic rec is a heart touching love story that is very well written.  Warning: you might need tissues.

Secret Life by MandyLeigh87
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5251499/1/
Bella meets and instantly hates Edward Cullen, her roommate's brother. But they both have secrets in their life that bring them closer in life and love than they ever imagined. AH E/B  25 chapters


Teaser:

I pulled out my book from my bag and turned it to a random page. It didn't matter where it was, I had read it so many times I could pick up the story within a few sentences. I sat by the fire for a few minutes, being consumed by the warmth and drawn into the world of Jane Austen. I was only vaguely aware of the world around me, until someone, I wasn't sure who at the time, bumped into my arm spilling my drink everywhere.
"Damn it!" I yelled, shaking the burning liquid off my skin and practically ringing out my book. It was basically ruined. I sat there, expecting an apology. New Yorkers weren't known for their kindness, but even this granted some kind of 'sorry,' even if it was mumbled in passing. I glanced up to suspiciously eye my 'bumper,' but he was totally oblivious. He was tall, with his muscles clearly visible through his faded brown leather jacket. He was no body builder, but I could tell he was subtly built. His dusty bronze hair was sticking out every which way from the top of his head, the color complementing his sun-kissed skin.
He swooped down, taking the other side of the couch for himself and setting his large bag and something else I couldn't quite see down beside him. I glared at him fiercely, willing him to meet my gaze and show him what he had done, but he was too consumed in his own world blasting his IPod and tapping idly on his knees.
Unbelievable, I thought to myself. I continued to wipe myself off, exaggerating every move hoping to catch his eye. My efforts were not rewarded. I stared back at him, even more agitated than before.
"Ugh," I sighed, sitting back into my seat. His eyes shifted briefly towards me, but didn't look before he turned his attention back to his personal jam session.
I began to tap my foot lightly, my frustrations beginning to boil over. I absentmindedly glanced up at the clock and realized I was about to be late for work, again. I quickly gathered my things, shoving them into my bag and headed out the door, giving up on the battle with coffee guy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment