Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Worthy WIP Wednesday 9/7/11

So, I've been following this one for awhile.  Sadly, it doesn't update often...but the story is fantastic and so well written it is definitely worth the wait for updates.

A Form of Escapism by flubbles
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5924184/1/
Bella finds herself trapped in a loveless marriage, whilst going through the motions of everyday life. Her only form of escapism is the romance novels written by the recently retired, reclusive author E.A.M Cullen.


Teaser:

I met my husband whilst we were at university, I was studying English and he was completing a Business degree, our rooms were on the same corridor. I noticed him straightaway, he was so attractive, all strawberry blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. The first time he acknowledged me and asked me on a date, it felt as though the world had stopped turning. As time passed we became quite serious about each other. He was so different back then, generous, attentive...caring even, and he was a wonderful lover.
Coming back to the present from my trip down memory lane, I bend slowly and pull the oven door open, depositing two freshly made bread rolls so that they can warm through, using an oven glove I take the lid off the casserole containing yesterday's leftover roast beef, giving it a stir to make sure it hasn't burnt on the bottom of the pan. I feel faintly proud of my frugalness, I knew some household money saving tips that would be enough to make even the most devout member of the Women's Institute turn green with envy.
Certain that all of the items on my mental checklist are complete, I make my way to the refrigerator and grab a bottle of Stella Artois, so apt that his beverage of choice should be affectionately known as 'Wife Beater'. Setting his lager on the counter, I stretch to retrieve a warm bottle of lager from the back of the cupboard and place it in the refrigerator at the back, swapping it for a cold one. This way it would have more time to chill, ready for when he requires it. With shaking hands I count twice to make sure that enough lager is present in the refrigerator. There must always be six beers never more, never less, in the refrigerator at ALL TIMES - because of that bastard, I won't ever forget again, it was a foolish mistake and there was no need to ever repeat it. Stroking the scar on my left upper arm through my blouse, it acts as a constant reminder to improve upon my forgetfulness, funny how excruciating pain can ensure that one was...better at remembering.

0 comments:

Post a Comment